Terms & Conditions
- Awards – NRI of the Year 2016
- Awards Management – Personnel from Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited – through its Television Division (BCCL) , organizers and responsible for the overall conduct of the Awards
- Ernst & Young LLP (EY) – Process advisors for the Awards
- Jury – A group of persons appointed by Awards Management to determine the nominees and determine winners
- Participant – Any eligible individual that participates by logging on the website and registering for the Awards
- Terms and conditions (“T&C” or “Terms”) – These terms governing the Awards, as may be amended from time to time
- Website – www.nrioftheyear.com
These Terms, Conditions and Guidelines are applicable to and govern the “NRI of the Year 2016” organized and conducted by Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited.
By participating in the Awards, Participant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Terms.
These Terms may be modified without any prior notification. Participant is advised to regularly review these Terms. If there is any disagreement with any of the Terms and any amendments thereto, Participant must not participate in the Awards.
- To recognize and honor achievements of Indians residing in Asia Pacific, Middle East, USA United Kingdom & Other regions who have demonstrated success, vision and courage which has brought glory to India and Indian community living abroad
- Individuals who have achieved business success, turned hobbies into successful businesses, achieved high business growth etc.
- Participant’s organization must have a workforce of minimum ten employees on the company payroll as on November 30, 2016
- Participant’s organization must be incorporated for more than 4 years as on October 31, 2016
- Individuals who have achieved high level of success in leading or managing an organization/ department /process in his/her capacity as an employee
- Participant must be employed in an organization/entity where he/she does not have any direct/indirect ownership stake
- Minimum duration of employment is 2 years as on December 31, 2016
- Individuals who have taken initiatives for empowerment of minorities, women, children, or initiatives taken in the field of health, education etc.
- Participant must be associated with a registered trust, charity or not for profit organization for a minimum of 2 years as on December 31, 2016
- Individuals who have achieved success in the field of studies and gone beyond their academic proficiencies.
- Participant must be pursuing Graduate/Post Graduate degree in the country from which he / she has applied from (i.e Singapore, Middle East, United Kingdom, USA,Others)
- Individuals who have done exemplary work in their everyday lives which has created an impact on society or their neighbourhood. These could also include initiatives taken for their family/relatives or any academic achievements.
- Individual who have achieved high level of success by demonstrating his/her talent to perform as an artist of music, art, design, acting etc.
- Participant must be an artist by profession.
- Start-ups that have used innovative ideas in their organization that has helped them grow at a rapid pace and attain competitive edge in the market
- The organisation should have completed minimum 3 years or maximum 5 years of operation as on December 31, 2016
- Participant’s organization must have a workforce of minimum five employees on the company payroll as on October 31, 2016
The Award categories may be changed / modified / split / merged / increased or cancelled by the Jury based on the number and quality of entries received in each category
Awards management / jury may apply minimum cap for the category to be awarded to maintain high standards of Awards. This is at the discretion of Awards management / Jury and this cannot be contested in any manner.
In the event that no Participant in a category are found to be worthy of inclusion by the Jury, the Award category may be cancelled by the Jury. The Jury may decide to add nominees in the category to maintain high standards of participation. The decision of the Jury in this regard will be final and non-contestable. The Awards management will not entertain any queries in this regard.
Participant should be an Indian Citizen who resides in India for less than one hundred & eighty two days during the course of the preceding financial year, or
- who has gone out of India or who stays outside India for the purpose of employment, or
- who has gone out of India or who stays outside India for carrying on business or vocation outside India, or
- Who has gone out of India or who stays outside India for any other purpose indicating his intention to stay outside India for an uncertain period
Participant can also be a Person of Indian Origin. An individual is a citizen of a foreign country if
- he/ she at any time held an Indian passport; OR
- he/ she or either of his/ her parents or either any of his/ her grandparents was a citizen of India; OR
- He/ she is a spouse (not being a citizen of Bangladesh or Pakistan) of an Indian citizen or (a) or (b) above.
- Any individual participating in the Awards should be of Indian origin residing in the country from which he / she has applied –Asia Pacific, Middle East, United States of America, United Kingdom
- Participants must upload a scan copy of all pages of his/her Indian Passport. This is a mandatory document without which the Participant will be disqualified. Participant should have a valid / expired Indian passport to prove Indian origin.
- Participant should be residing in the country applied for a period of minimum 2 years as on December 31, 2016 with maximum 30 days out of the country in the last 2 years period
- For Start-up category the organisation should have completed minimum 3 years or maximum 5 years of operation as on December 31, 2016. It is mandatory for them to submit the organisation’s registration certificate. The participant needs to submit the a signed declaration on the company’s letter head stating the number of employees working with the organisation as on October 31, 2016
- For the Entrepreneur category, the organisation should have completed more than 4 years of operation as on December 31, 2016. It is mandatory for them to submit the organisation’s registration certificate .The participant needs to submit the company registration certificate along with a signed declaration on the company’s letter head stating the number of employees working with the organisation as on October 31, 2016
- For Professional category the participant needs to submit a signed declaration form printed on organisation’ s letter head where the participant is currently working in stating the duration of employment as December 31, 2016. The declaration form needs to be signed by the signing authority of the organisation ( MD, CEO, COO, Chairman etc)
- For Philanthropy category, the participant needs to submit a signed declaration printed on the entity’s ( NGO, Charitable trust, NPO) letter head where the participant is currently working in stating the duration of employment as December 31, 2016
- Participant should be 18 years of age as on December 31, 2016 except for the Academics category. They should be currently a student in any institute (Part-time, Fulltime, Distance course). The participant needs to submit their current institutes ID card/ Bonafide certificate/Letter from the principal stating that they are currently studying in the institute along with the term duration
- If the participant is of age lesser than 18 years(for Academics category only), then consent letter in the format defined by Awards Management need to be submitted duly signed by the Parent or the Guardian of the participant. The scan copy of the consent form needs to be uploaded while submitting the online for application form
- For Art & Culture category the participant need to submit their performance video in a form of link on the website. The video should be of 5 minutes In case the video submitted is more than 5 minutes, only the first 5 minutes will be shown to the jury for evaluation. The size of the video should not exceed 8MB.
- Employees and immediate family members of BCCL, sponsors and partners of the awards are not allowed to participate in the Awards
- Winners of the previous edition are not eligible to participate in the Awards in the same category.
- The final eligibility of the Participant will be subject to the discretion and approval of Jury
- Participation in the awards is subject to defined terms and conditions available on website www.nrioftheyear.com
- Efforts will be made to adhere to the defined timelines. However, the defined timelines are subject to change based on circumstances.
- Awards Management and its sub-contractors shall not be held accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards or its ceremony or any part of its processes or public voting on account of any factors beyond its control
- The call for entries for the Awards will be announced in one or more media platforms and / or by direct communication with potential Participants, and that shall be construed to be adequate notice for call for entries
- Participant can apply for the Awards by only by submitting the form online. No other medium will be accepted. Participants have to log on to the website www.nrioftheyear.com and fill the forms online.
- A Participant can participate in multiple award categories or send multiple entries in each award category provided each entry is for a different initiative. However, if multiple forms are filled for the same initiative are filled then only the first form will be considered for the evaluation of the Awards.
- In case if Participant fails to submit the proof of stay in the country applied for (relevant pages of the passport), they may be disqualified from participation.
- The Jury has the right to reclassify application forms from one category to another, at its discretion
- All entries must be submitted on the website www.nrioftheyear.com
- Last date for receiving completed application forms is December 31, 2016
- Receipt of application forms after last date of receipt specified may be permitted only at the discretion of the Awards Management
- Awards Management will not be responsible for application forms that are damaged / lost due to lack or lapse in any communication on account of internet failure
- Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the Terms and conditions stated herein
- All mandatory fields of the application form needs to be complete in all respects; else it may be disqualified from participation.
- Entries will be accepted in English language only
- Upto 3 supporting material such as photos, videos, articles, awards and accolades and other material can be submitted for each entry on a non-returnable basis
- Disqualification of entries is at the sole discretion of the Jury, on a case by case basis
- If at any time, during the Awards process or post the Awards, any information provided by any Participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Participant will be disqualified from the Awards
- Participants may be contacted for any additional information or / and conduct field visit to verify the information provided. Such information sourced from the Participants will become part of the original application.
- Awards Management has the right to ask for documentary proof of information. If such a request is made and the Participant does not comply within 5 working days from the date the request is made, the Participant may be disqualified from participation in the Awards
- Information provided by the Participant will be confidential and will be used only for the limited purpose of evaluating the Participant’s entry to these Awards.
- Awards Management or team appointed by Awards Management will try to contact the Participant on best effort basis by any means deemed appropriate.
- In the event it is not possible to contact any Participant to obtain information on them, interview them, etc. such Participant may be disqualified from further participation
- The participant hereby irrevocably authorizes the Awards Management to use the data gathered during and/or the Awards in respect of the participants. This shall be the property of TGBCL and TGBCL shall be entitled to use the same in its communications including marketing promotions and advertisements along with/without TGBCL’s brand.
- Awards Management shall not be liable in any manner for any mishap, accident, injury or damages etc. of whatsoever nature, caused to the participants during the Awards. Further, Awards Management shall not be liable in any manner for any loss, damage, theft, or any other mishap caused during the Awards.
- The Participant agrees that personal data, information and any confidential information provided by the Participant submitted with the entry (“Personal Data”), shall be processed, stored and/or otherwise used by Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited and its affiliates (“BCCL”) for the purpose of conducting and administering this Event. The Participant further acknowledges that by participating in this event, the Personal Data will be transmitted, processed, disclosed and shall be used by BCCL and/or published/distributed to its partners, sponsors, associates for, including but not limited to, communication of campaigns, promotional activities, future business initiatives, associates brands and products, in perpetuity. The Participant further agrees to give full unconditional consent for BCCL to share any information provided by the Participant with agencies working with them with regards to the program, its recording and broadcasting and related activities including agencies involved with BCCL.
- If at any time, including after the conclusion of any of the Award ceremonies, any information provided by any Participant(s), is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Participant will be liable to be disqualified and / or return the Award and the monetary emoluments provided to the Participant under this Award, if any. Awards Management may also take penal action against the Participant for providing false information to participate in the Awards
- Determination of whether information provided as fair and accurate rests with the Jury and Awards Management.
- Participant agrees that the Participant is legally capable of entering and, if selected, participating in the Awards and agree to the Terms and that Participant is competent (i.e. Participant are of legal age and mental capacity) and eligible to enter into this legally binding agreement on Participant.
- Participant understands and agrees that merely participating in this Awards does not entitle the Participant to a prize or to any other form of consideration
- Participant warrants and represents to the Awards Management that all information including any communications, software, photos, text, video, graphics, music, sounds, images and other material submitted or recorded in any manner by the Participant or the partners of Awards Management including Awards Management for consideration for the Awards are solely owned by the Awards Management and do not infringe upon any other individual or organizational rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights). Participant shall be completely responsible for handling any infringement or alleged infringement and shall indemnify the TGBCL entities (in India or abroad), and the Awards Management from any claims, costs or damages from infringement or alleged infringement of the logo or trademark or the defense of a claim or any costs payable thereof.
- Participant must enter the Awards at their own will and the Awards Management are not in any way obligated or liable for any loss or costs that the Participant may suffer or incur and nothing is payable to the Participants for participating in the Awards or any event prior to or following the Awards.
- Participants for the purpose of entering the Awards, automatically grants TGBCL a royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-transferable, non-exclusive right and license to use and display such entry, for participation in the Awards, and any intellectual property in relation to and arising out of such participation in the Awards and footage thereof, which shall include trade publications, press releases, electronic posting to the Website, the TGBCL website in any display format selected by TGBCL during the Awards or use by TGBCL as it deems fit.
- The Awards Management reserves the right to, at its discretion, withdraw or amend or add to the T&C of the Awards at any time, with prospective or retrospective effect, and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any individual or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Awards, the Awards being withdrawn or its Terms amended.
- Should a Participant wish to withdraw from the Awards, kindly inform Awards management in writing at any time up to one week prior to the final awards ceremony
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the Awards shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai, India
- The Participants indemnify TGBCL, its employees, officers, contractors, partner or other persons used by them in relation to this Awards and hold them harmless against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability (including legal costs) arising out of or in connection with any or all claims, that may be brought against the Awards Management by any third party in connection with the Participants participation in or winning the Awards, which is inconsistent with any of the warranties and representations made by the Participants, or due to breach of these Terms and shall reimburse TGBCL for any loss, costs, expense, or damage to which said indemnity applies. TGBCL shall give the Participant prompt written notice of any claim or actions covered by this indemnity, and the Participant shall have the right, at its own expense, to participate in any such action.
- Decision of Awards Management on all matters is final and binding on all Participants and no correspondence will be entertained on the same.
- In the event these Terms do not cover any question or complaint in relation to the Awards, the same will be concluded on by the Awards Management (for all other issues) or an independent body or legal team as appointed by the Awards Management and deemed necessary.
- The Participant agrees to give full consent unconditionally for TGBCL to share any information provided by the Participant with agencies working with them with regards to the program, its recording and broadcasting and related activities including agencies involved with TGBCL
- The decision of TGBCL in relation to the interpretation of any of these Terms shall be final and binding on the participants.
- If Participants are unclear as to the Terms or any element of the Awards or have any queries/concerns pertaining to the Awards, they can write in with their questions, concerns or queries to the following address:
Mr. / Ms. _____________________
Subject: NRI Awards 2016_Name of the participant_Category
BCCL shall endeavor to the best of its ability to respond thereto.
The website is only an informational website (www.nrioftheyear.com) (the “Website”) for the Awards. TGBCL or its subsidiaries or holding entities (“Times Group”) are not liable or responsible for any action or decision taken by Participant or anyone acting on Participant’s behalf or under Participant employment or under contract with Participant.TGBCL shall not be under any obligation to Participant and Participant shall have no obligation or rights in relation to the Awards and shall have no claims whatsoever against the TGBCL relating to the selection process or the running of the Awards.
TGBCL shall not be responsible for :
- any delivery, failures relating to the registration or uploading videos/presentations;
- any SPAM generated messages as result of Participant accessing the Website;
- Awards Management not receiving or rejecting any data;
- any lost, late or misdirected computer transmission or network, electronic failures of any kind or any failure to receive entries owing to transmission failures or due to any technical reasons and
- Other conditions/situations or failures beyond its control.
Awards Management has no obligation to screen the entry material in advance, and is not responsible for monitoring entries for the purpose of preventing violation of intellectual property ownership rights, or violations of any law, rule or regulation. If Awards Management is notified of submissions or materials that may not conform to the Terms, it may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to eliminate such an entry from consideration. The Awards Management has no liability or responsibility to Participants or other users of the Website for performance or non-performance of such activities.